DAR members are educators, students, professionals, mothers, historians, genealogists, and homemakers who take an active role in their communities promoting our objectives of patriotism, education and historic preservation. With 185,000 members in 3,000 chapters, we are one of the largest women’s service organizations in the world.
Membership in DAR offers a number of benefits, including:
- Promotion of American history throughout the year by honoring historically significant people, places, dates, and events
- Participation in commemorative events such as Flag Day, Veterans Day, and July 4th
- Involvement with meaningful service projects throughout the community
- Recognition of students with awards and scholarships
- Connection with all family members in promoting service efforts
- Support the Constitution of the United States of America, the patriotic values of our country, and the military men and women who serve the nation
- Association through our communities
- Valuable and lifelong relationships with other DAR members during projects, events, and social events
- Opportunities to improve leadership capabilities by taking on responsibilities at chapter, state, and national levels
We are thrilled you are interested in the DAR, a non-profit service organization promoting historic preservation, education, and patriotism.
For eligibility requirements and more information, please visit the National Society DAR.
If you are interested in joining DAR in Utah, we recommend contacting the chapter nearest you, or you may email the webmaster.